Sunday, October 14, 2012
The next Netflix Instant Bad Movie Marathon is coming up soon, on Saturday, October 20th.
The festivities begin at 7:30 Central with Galaxy of Terror (1981), the Roger Corman Alien-esque rip-off. Next up is Chillerama (2011), a movie featuring gay werebears, a giant killer sperm monster, Anne Frankenstein, and so much more! Last will be the 1966 green-Martian-babe epic Queen of Blood.
If you want to join in, just hop on Twitter and watch the movies along with us. Everyone is welcome to join and encouraged to participate in their own way. (take pics, live blog, etc.) We all use Netflix, but if you have the film already you can watch along with that, too. We announce when each movie starts so we can stay relatively in sync, then we tweet our hilarity and/or displeasure with the hashtag #badnetflix. Everyone says stupid stuff, laughs, Twitter usually cuts one of us off for over-Tweeting, and basically have a lot of fun. It’s that simple.
See you this Saturday, October 20th!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Bad Netflix presents: Tim Thomerthon 4/28/12 (celebrating the works of Tim Thomerson on Netflix Instant)
The BNC is gathering again THIS SATURDAY, APRIL 28th for a night dedicated to one of the greatest men in cinema history: TIM THOMERSON. This badass has conquered planets, time, alien women, vampires, the middle east, and everything in between. Join us this Saturday as we host TIM THOMERTHON: celebrating the works of Tim Thomerson on Netflix Instant.
Here's the lineup for this edition of Bad Netflix:
Directed by: Danny Bilson (the guy that wrote The Rocketeer)
Thomerson plays a tough as nails Sargeant in WWII. They are captured by Nazi's and discover their fellow prisoner is an alien. Together they defeat the Nazi's and single handedly win the war!
Directed by: Charles Band (founder of Full Moon)
After rescuing the beautiful Dhyana, whose father was brutally murdered, space ranger Dogen sets out for revenge against her father's attacker: villainous warlord Jared-Syn. Richard Moll also stars. Originally shot in 3D.
Directed by: Art Camacho (a fight choreographer for A LOT of direct to video action movies)
In post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, an evil pack of outlaws is systematically turning civilians into prisoners and slaves. Worse yet, the spread of a terrifying deadly flesh-eating virus threatens to destroy all of humanity. (this movie is all about the cast, in addition to Tim Thomerson, Ice-T, Coolio, Kristanna Loken, and Kathleen Kinmont star.
In addition to this line up we suggest these Tim Thomerson favorites: the Trancers movies, Dollman, Near Dark, Live Evil, Nemesis, and the other countless Thomerson Classics listed on IMDb.
(all times PM)
*15 minutes break*
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn
*15 minute break*
See you this Saturday! LET THE THOMERTHON BEGIN!
Monday, March 5, 2012
That's right, Saturday, March 10, 2012, the Bad Netflix crew is BACK! and we've got a night full of amazingness in store for you. Bad Movies, Stock piles of Booze, a back list of movie riffs, and Twitter. But, since we've been gone for a few months now, kicking back and enjoying our winter, we've decided to let you in on the fun. That's right, YOU get to help us pick the 3rd film for this marathon. To the right, you will find a pole, check it out and vote! The winner will be featured in the grand finale of Bad Netflix.
Here's what we've got in store for you:
The Barbarian twins are back in this buddy cop comedy of epic proportions. Roddy McDowall, James Doohan (Scotty of Star Trek if ya don't know), and David Carradine star. Directed by the guy that played Jambi the Genie in Pee Wee's Playhouse.
This alien ripoff is sure to excite! We read the title for one review and we could read no further. "Features cinema's best (and only) bag pipe seduction scene" The late great Bad Netflix favorite Charles Napier stars alongside Ron Glass (Shepherd of Firefly) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman from the 60's Batman). Directed by the guy that brought us Evil Toons and Alienator, the always amazing B Movie Madman: FRED OLEN RAY!
And now your turn to decide. Here's a brief description of each and a link to IMDb.
- Humanoids From the Deep - Roger Corman classic featuring half man/half fish dudes terrorizing a small town.
- Unmasking the Idol - the OTHER Duncan Jax movie (the first we watched during another Bad Netflix Night: The Order of the Black Eagle) A Ninja James Bond ripoff with a sidekick Baboon that knows karate.
- The Wasp Woman - the ORIGINAL 50's Wasp Woman. Synopsis: Woman...turns into a wasp.
- Alligator X - Made for SyFy awesomeness featuring a dinosaur Alligator ripping up Hillbillies.
- Gor - Synopsis courtesy IMDb: "American professor Tarl Cabot is transported via a magical ring to planet Gor, where he must help an oppressed country overthrow its evil king and his barbarian henchmen"
- Vicious Lips - written and directed by Albert Pyun. An all girl rock band from space needs to land a gig on the other side of the galaxy or their toast!
- Rumpelstiltskin - Ole Rumps is defeated in the olden days and then resurrected in the 90s. Hilarious hijinks ensue as he chases a woman and her baby.
- She - take everything great about post apocalyptic 80s movies and puts it in a blender. That is She.
- The Chaperone - This choice is per request from a fan, WWE's HHH family comedy.
- Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury - Only the greatest movie ever made...and never released. This movie pretends it was made in the 90s and was way too racist and awesome for audiences at the time. Now, the special edition has been released and you get to see it. Stars Kevin Sorbo and Danny Trejo.
What time should you tune in?
(all times PM)
Double Trouble - 90 minutes - begin 8:30e/7:30c/6:30m/5:30p
*15 minute break*
Deep Space - 86 minutes - begin 10:15e/9:15c/8:15m/7:15p
*15 minute break*
Reader's Choice - approx 90 minutes - begin 12:00(am)e/11:00c/10:00m/9:00p
Final thoughts: we would like to apologize for being away for so long. We hope to pick up some pace again and enjoy these awesomely bad movies together with you for many months to come! And as always, requests are welcome, feel free to email us or leave comments.
We hope to see you Saturday the 10th of March. I mean, come on.....BAGPIPE SEDUCTION!